While being a large insurers does not necessarily mean they provide the best health insurance, it is an interesting look at total market share in the health insurance industry.
If you’re a small business looking for an alternative to expensive group policies, the Small Business HRA enables your employees to choose a policy that best fits their needs.
However, if you do choose to go with group, below are the top 25 health insurance companies, according to the most recent annual data (2012) available by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Top 25 U.S. Health Insurance Companies
1. Unitedhealth Group
2. Wellpoint Inc. Group
3. Kaiser Foundation Group
4. Humana Group
5. Aetna Group
6. HCSC Group
7. Cigna Health Group
8. Highmark Group
9. Coventry Corp. Group
10. HIP Insurance Group
11. Independence Blue Cross Group
12. Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Group
13. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Group
14. California Physicians’ Service
15. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida Group
16. Health Net of California, Inc.
17. Centene Corp. Group
18. Carefirst Inc. Group
19. Wellcare Group
20. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Group
21. UHC of California
22. Lifetime Healthcare Group
23. Cambia Health Solutions Inc.
24. Metropolitan Group
25. Molina Healthcare Inc. Group
For further help and support= https://www.peoplekeep.com/blog/top-25-health-insurance-companies-in-the-u.s